Sunday, July 27, 2008

Visitors! A Super-Awesome Weekend with Team Awesome (and their groupies: Jake and Jordan)

Jessica, Salwa and Jake just departed - it was so hard to see them go, as we had SUCH a great weekend. Activities included roasting hot dogs and constructing variations of s'mores (try peanut butter cups!) around campfires, biking 16 miles on the Mesabi Trail (or, in Jessica's case, RUNNING 12 miles on the trail... crazy girl), hanging out in the boat on the lake, beaching the boat at Zorbaz's for dinner (followed by sand volleyball), girly talk about girly things at a coffee shop (while the manly men tried their best to escape into their novels), enjoying coffee and french toast in the mornings and all around having a great time - in person! - with great friends.













Thanks for visiting me! (And thanks to Cindy and Dale for letting us use their boat... it was great!)

2 comments:

salwa said...

I wish I were still there!! Thanks again for having us (and to your parents for letting us take the boat out). What a wonderful weekend :)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are steeped with comradery! Also, I am looking forward to testing out the nap capabilities of that couch, it looks very comfortable. What a nice midsummer weekend, I hope you have many more in the years to come. You know, if that word verification thing is some kind of filter to keep out the imcompetent, I may be the first to go. I am not seeing any other reason for it. LA