Dan, Kristina, and Kristina's boyfriend Jake were up visiting, so we spent a lot of time on the boat with them. We also spent time on Pokegama with Reet and Steve and their boat (where I had a close encounter with a loon... they are SO much bigger than you think they are).
On the actual holiday, Jordan and I were invited to Dr. Jess's. We boated over to Noah and Elizabeth Wilcox's house and spent the evening eating good food, drinking strong gin and tonics, and watching contraband fireworks. Afterward, Dr. Jess, Mary Jo, Jordan and I went out on their boat to watch the Grand Rapids (legal) fireworks being launched from Drumbeater Island on Pokegama (first time I've ever seen the fireworks from the lake!). Our show got interrupted midway with some technical difficulties on the Jess boat, but we had wine and cheese to tide us over until it started back up.
It was a great weekend filled with lots of family, friends and sun!


Kristina and I doing our "George Washington Hair" - a throwback to 1992. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment