Schedule of Events:
Friday Daytime: Jordan and I shop for curtains, which entails way more effort, decision making, money and time than I had expected.
Friday Night: Natalie enjoys a hair cut with Gina at Moxie, where she's been getting her hair cut for about a year and a half. Jordan stayed with Mike Larson and got to see Tom Reed perform at Stevie Ray's (if you live in the twin cities... GO! Go see it! It's great!). I got to stay up late and have a slumber party with Kim!
Saturday: Jordan hung out with Tom. Natalie had brunch and walked around Lake Harriet with Sarah and Kim (sooo beautiful... both the company and the lake) where we witnessed a rescue of an overturned kayaker... Kim even helped pull one of the people out of the lake.
Saturday afternoon: Jordan and Natalie barbecued at Salwa's, where she was hosting a party in honor of her good friend Veronica, who we hadn't met, who was visiting from WI. We stayed late and enjoyed a showing of the Court Jester with Danny Kaye. Have you seen it?
Saturday night: Stayed at Jessica's house. Played with the Fifty (small mini motorcycle). Wish I had gotten photos of that!
It was a great visit - you city folk sure know how to have a fun time. :)
Salwa's place has a pool! Here's Jordan, Jessica, Jake, Natalie, Salwa, Veronica and Brandon (you can't tell, but the "spa capacity" sign in the background says "3 persons." We're such hooligans.
Veronica, Salwa, Jessica, Natalie
This was actually a lot harder than it looks (or than I remember it being when I was 10)
2 comments:
I am sure it would be great fun to see one of Tom's shows. It's nice to know you have a great get away. LA
Oh what fun!!!
Post a Comment