Monday, October 5, 2009

My Really Awesome Excuse for Not Blogging

Hi all!

So, it's been a while... yeeeesh. I've missed posting, reading your comments, sharing news and pictures with everyone. After the Dell laptop broke, I got a bit behind on blogging. At that point, catching up seemed overwhelming, particularly since I was dealing with.... my first trimester of pregnancy. :)

Jordan and I are expecting our first little one - a son - on February 18th. That puts me at 20 1/2 weeks or so (every Thursday I advance a week). We had an ultrasound October 1st, which was an amazing experience. The little guy was extremely busy - very fun to see. The technician won't claim with 100% certainty that it is a boy, but Jordan saw the "evidence" (as she called it) before she even mentioned it. (Oh, and Edwin McCain's "These are the Moments" was playing on the radio during the ultrasound... so cheesy, and so appropriate.)




That's my baby! How crazy is that?! Also, both Jordan and Kristina have put their ears to my belly, and both claim to have heard the baby moving around (didn't know that was possible... hope it wasn't just my lunch moving around).

And I suppose I should include a photo, taken last Thursday, of me at 20 weeks:


And yes, I am now wearing the pants that go all the way up to my bra. They're super comfy, and I may never stop wearing them.

9 comments:

Auntie Kristina said...

Wahhhhhoooooooooo!!!! for baby boy Anderson and my cute little nephew-to-be. I love him already :)

salwa said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you both, and cannot WAIT to meet little baby Anderson! And you have a belly picture! And your first baby photos! I can't stop using exclamation marks - I'm just that excited!!!!

BAGVLI said...

I'm no ultrasound tech, but picture #2 looks exactly like our boy anatomy pics! Unless your kids has a 3rd little leg or something! :)

Hooray! So happy for you guys - AND so happy that you're back in the blogging world! I've missed you!

Your pregnancy tummy is so cute. I look full term compared to you - and I don't feel so cute, but I love it just the same! :)

BAGVLI said...

I almost forgot -
I LOVE the new scrap-e-blog background and header! Really cute!

breckster said...

congrats!

Brynn said...

We're soooooooo excited for our princesses to have a prince! :) I figured it would take that baby to get you back to blogging - welcome back!

Brynn said...

I still wish I could wear my maternity pants on some days! :(

Rachel said...

You look great (and so tiny!). I hope the first trimester went well.

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled for you and Jordan. It will feel different for us to have a boy now, just like I felt when Jordan came. Love your new background, etc. Welcome back, we love it as future grandparents to read about your life. Congrats again! We love you three . . . Karma & Laurence