Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Jordan Stinks

Yes, he has the sweet smell of sweat emanating from his two days of heavy packing. (I, on the other hand, smell like gerber daisies, of course.) Jordan really deserves the credit for today's accomplishments. (I *might* have taken a long nap on the deck in the sun today... but to be fair, he's only starting to catch up on all the packing I've done over the past couple of weeks.) Anyway, being that most of our belongings were stored in the attic for four years (accumulating gobs of dust that almost always looked like moving spiders to me), I found it pretty impressive that he made trip-after-trip down the attic stairs and then down the deck stairs to the garage.


However, I did find his "I don't know how people can do hard labor" comment at the end of the day to be funny on a number of levels:

A) There's always a 50/50 chance that when I tell people my husband's a dentist that they reply with "I don't know how he can work on other people's mouths"

B) Does packing boxes/moving really count as "hard labor?" I mean, really?


Oh well - at least he's reaffirming his professional decisions. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jordan, I commend you on getting that attic cleaned out--I was worrying about that! Good luck on the move--make sure you have some help with the couch & love seat (Mom worrying again). KA

Brynn said...

Mom - no need to worry. With the great advice of my super-cheap husband J & N said that they are going to leave their couch/love seat in the yard with a "free" sign on it! Good thinking...