We've been having a lot of great weekends lately (a good way to end our residence in the metro area, but it really doesn't make it any easier), and this weekend was no exception. We started it out making homemade pizza and strawberry shortcake with Salwa, which we followed up with a rainy dash to Rosedale to catch opening weekend of Iron Man. I love going to major movies with Jordan on their opening weekend. He's in his zone. We'll have to get there at least forty-five minutes early to ensure a good seat, we'll stand in line as he excitedly revs himself up for the movie, and as soon as the doors open and the line inches to a point where we're finally released into the theater, he's gone, picking the best seat in the house. It's actually really fun, and I'm glad Salwa got to experience it! (And by the way, Iron Man was fantastic. I didn't know anything about the character or the back story, and I still loved it.) And one more thing - sometimes it's so much fun to go on opening weekend for these types of movies, b/c usually that means the crowd is really into it. I think they clapped at three separate points in the movie (and the Indiana Jones preview got a hearty round of applause as well).
Saturday was amazing. Kim was down from Staples for the weekend and my parents were in town to celebrate my birthday. The seven of us (Jordan, Mom, Dad, Dan, Kristina, Kim and me) ate at Khan's for lunch and then the family moved on to Cottage Grove, where Kristina and my mom hosted an hors d'oeuvre dinner (followed by Dairy Queen ice cream cake). It was so great to spend so much time with my family - so lucky!
Today was the MS Walk at Minnehaha Park. It was an absolutely beautiful morning. Salwa and I walked 6.5 miles while Jordan and Jake (Salwa's boyfriend) sat on their butts and waited for us (just kidding... kind of). It was a good time - a lot of energy everywhere. It was a very inspiring thing to experience - I've never done anything like that. Thanks to everyone for their support - both with their donations and their encouragement. It was a very fulfilling walk. (But, I hate to say it, I was honestly feeling it after we were done. My hips kind of hurt and my feet had just about had it. Is this a symptom of turning 26??)
5 comments:
What a wonderful birthday weekend for a wonderful daughter-in-lsw!
That movie thing reminds me of going to 'Robin Hood' several times in the theatre with Jordan and I think we were pretty excited everytime.
Natalie, I sure hope you weren't talking during the movie.
You bet I wasn't. I've learned a lot in four years of marriage. :)
In fact, I'm kind of like his assistant now. If someone starts talking or rumpling their bag of nachos, I give them the stink eye on Jordan's behalf.
Yay! I had a great weekend hanging out with you guys :). I'm really glad we did the walk together!
Jordan would have been so super pissed at the movie I went to see on Friday night. I went to Made of Honor with 2 of my friends and there were all these junior high punks in the first couple of rows texting and getting out their cell phones & blackberries. What the hell do they need blackberries for anyway??!! It was super annoying. So much so that I've vowed to never attend an opening weekend show again. We'll catch the matinee! Happy B-Day Natalie!!!
We have actually gotten up at least twice when I was concerned about enjoying a movie based on surrounding annoyances. One time it was a school administrator talking to others during the previews and I didn't assume that would stop with the movie.
Feel free to relocate.
Das ist verboten!
Post a Comment