Monday, March 31, 2008

Rice Lake

We did some house hunting this past weekend, and we saw some great options. There is one in particular that is in contention for the Anderson Family Household (a most distinguished honor...). I thought I'd share some photos, and if anyone sees anything that we might not have noticed that we should either be concerned or happy about, please feel free to share. We are such rookies at this!

This particular house is on Stark Road in Cohasset. It's about 6 miles from town, so it's pretty removed from the bustling metropolis that is Grand Rapids. It's situated on a peninsula that is surrounded by Rice Lake. I don't know much about Rice Lake, other than it's not much of a swimming lake, but oddly enough, there's rice in abundance. We think it'd be a good lake for fishing and canoeing. This house isn't directly on the lake - the road is between the house and a small marshy area that turns into the lake.

The house comes with 5 acres and it's at the end of the road. It was built in late 2006 and has a new metal roof. You can see the realtor's photos here:

Stark Road

but here are some of our own:



(And of course, the deer antlers stay... or we walk!)

(I couldn't figure out how to photoshop me out of this one. My apologies.)

We don't have too many pictures that look all that different from the website, but it gives you an idea.

Anyway, I think we're going to cool off on the house hunting for a while. There's just a lot of stuff going on with both of us, and so we made the decision to wait a bit before going back up to GR to look at houses. We'll see how long that decision lasts. ;)

Edit: You may be saying to yourself, "Those are crappy photos. They don't show me anything." I'm not placing blame, but the photographer might be better at root canals than strategic photography. You should really click on the link to the realtor's website.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

Hi J & N - Michael & I think this house looks great!! It's totally move-in ready as it doesn't look like you would need new flooring or to be doing any painting. In fact, if you wanted to repaint the white walls with some color that would add some warmth. The ceiling & cabinetry look stunning. I'll pray that if this is the house you're suppose to have that you get it!