Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Hooray! It's my dad's 56th birthday!

Some cool things about my dad:
  • He's a hard-working 9-1-1 dispatcher, and darn good at it (he's got the cool radio voice, too).
  • He used to be in a band called the Curbfeelers. He was the drummer. He would do the vocal intro to "Wooly Bully." (He was also in a band in his teens called "The Klergy").
  • He has an encyclopedic knowledge of music. (He can name the artist, album and year of almost any song from the '50s, '60s and '70s.)
  • He knows what's up on the political scene. I can usually get the scoop on anything (and we usually agree, too!).
  • He's very devoted to his family. Always.
  • He does a kick-a$$ version of "I'll Be Home for Christmas."
  • He's good wtih werds and grammer and speling. That sentence would drive him nuts.
  • He's been married for almost 29 years (to someone who'll hide behind the corner and jump out at him... which I think is funny... but apparently some people don't like that)
  • He doesn't drink milk. Ever.
  • He makes reeeeeally good pork steaks. With barbeque sauce. Yum.
  • He has a knack for running into famous people. (Or, rather, famous people have a knack for running in to HIM. I bet when celebrities get together, they're like, "Guess who I saw?!?! Dale Randall!!!")
  • He would take take the three of us kids to Gooseberry Park or Splitrock Lighthouse when my Mom would be in FL visiting my grandma. I think Dan even lost a tooth in a hot dog on one of those trips.
  • He's the guy you always want on your trivial pursuit team.
  • When we were really little, he would make home movies of us. There's some cinematic magic of me singing every verse to "Father Abraham."
  • He thinks "Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein" are funny. And you should too.
  • He's the best dad. Seriously.
In summary, my dad's awesome. I love you, Dad! Here's to you!

4 comments:

salwa said...

1. That sentance drov me nutz 2.
2. I think I need to see some of those home videos. Seriously.
3. Your dad sounds awesome! Happy birthday to him!

Anonymous said...

Honey...I'll thank you for this tomorrow when I'm finished laughing/crying....

Love you always,

Dad

Anonymous said...

That's one of the coolest things I've ever read.

After reading what you said about him, I see where you get a lot of your traits from. I knew he had to be fantastic to have a kid like you!

Happy late birthday Dad Randall.

Since I'm not him and don't have an acct, this is Jessica.

Anonymous said...

I meant "hip" not "him".

...you know, for the record.

Uggh, I stink at this blog stuff.