Sunday, March 9, 2008

Austin, TX: My Home Away from Home

It's extremely rare for someone in my position at work to have to frequently travel. However, some unusual circumstances have led me to spend some time (every Thursday, Friday, and sometimes Saturday for 4 weeks) in the capitol of the Lone Star State. There are several good things about this situation:

1) I get to go with one of my best friends, Jessica (who is also a CIMA employee):


2) I've never been to Texas before, and going for such a long time allows for lots o' exploring:


3) And of course, the weather's nice too:



And even though there were lots of reminders that I wasn't in the midwest anymore (Texas-sized jellybeans, 3-L pop bottles, wine in the middle of Target), this was the best (look carefully):

1 comment:

salwa said...

Great post! With fabulous pictures! The sign's hilarious. Lastly, your mom.