Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Lens!

Some very dear friends of mine sent me a new lens for my birthday. SO. EXCITED. This is especially timely, as I've signed up for an online photography class called "Finding the Joy" (geared toward everyone from amateurs to professionals) that is designed to help you take photos of your kids (or grandkids, etc). It's a 6-week course (with homework!) that'll start June 1st, and I'm super excited. (And in case anyone else is interested, today is the last day to save $35 on the workshop.)

Anyway, here are my first few shots of my favorite subject with my new lens:





5 comments:

BAGVLI said...

Adorable! Tell me about your lens!

Natalie said...

It's a Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II. It's fun, and I had no idea how much I would like a fixed lens.

Hope this doesn't start some kind of addiction.

Anonymous said...

Great shots, Natalie! K & L

Brynn said...

As long as I get to reap the benefits of that addiction every once and a while -- it's OK by me!! PS He's changed so much already...

Anonymous said...

Natalie,

You weren't thinking of me when you talked about a lens addiction were you? I think I liked lenses almost as much as golf clubs back in my "camera days". Of course mine were all bargains... I really like the results, I think you have a very good eye, and having a very good camera in the family is a very good idea. I don't think you will ever regret it. Keep it up. LA