We haven't had too much house hunting activity... We decided to slow down and possibly wait until we're already up in Grand Rapids to hit the market hard. However, the day we communicated this to our realtor, something quite interesting happened. We'd looked at the house on Rice Lake a couple of times (see earlier post), and we knew that the owners really wanted to sell (as they're divorcing). Apparently, the seller's realtor called ours to ASK us to make an offer. We actually did end up putting in a verbal offer quite a bit lower than the asking price, and surprisingly, they didn't tell us to get lost. They counteroffered, but it was still higher than we'd like, so we're just waiting to see if they contact us again. The house is very nice, but we'd really only be interested in it if we can get a good deal.
Otherwise, we've turned our attention to some in-town houses. One in particular is standing out (click the link to see the photos):
1st Ave SW
This house is in a great neighborhood, and it's about 3 blocks away from Jordan's clinic. My dad drove past, and it looks like the lot is vacant, but apparently the house is surrounded by some beautiful pines. Something along these lines would be great - it's a very reasonably priced home. The only downside is that there's only a 1 stall garage, which wouldn't be a big deal for us, but it might hurt resale.
Happy Spring! :)
5 comments:
This house looks absolutely charming! I think it would be a perfect starter home...Jordan could even walk/bike in the dead of winter with it being so close! With gas prices the way they are consider that a savings! Also, I think you would't feel so "house poor" and could get going on the baby-making activities!! :)
This is so cool!
You should ask Desiree how she participated our house hunting when we moved to NH. It was all me. :-)
If you have enough lot space, can you add additional garage space? Build big so Jordan could even use as a toy room.
Just my 2 cents..
PS. I have an on-site interview (3rd and the last one!) with LSU in Baton Rouge, LA. They are moving forward rather fast. We might end up in Louisiana.
I like the house. I am thinking maybe a porch on the roof of the garage with a walk out door off the bedroom that adjoins it. Also, a nice large tool shed could be put in the backyard to take care of things you would normally put in a garage. Also, If the basement is not finished, a bathroom and rec room could be added there. So, lots of potential to add to it.
By the way, in the vote tally I think parents should be considered superdelegates...
I also love the little landing on the second floor. Could be a neat reading area with couch--something cozy perhaps and a person can still look out the window. Also "shelves in the closet?" quote from P & P apply to upstairs bedroom--it is cozy also and I like the closet and shelves. There is lots of character in the house, I thought.
Post a Comment