"You should back up your computer."
You hear it. You know it's true. You just don't think it'll happen to you.
Jordan and I started having trouble with our computer. It would run slow and randomly restart. I started backing up our music first, and I was midway through that process when the laptop went kerplunk. Jordan brought the computer into the U's tech support. Their diagnosis: failed hard drive. $300 later, we're left with a brand new hard drive (it's SUPER fast and nice) but without all of my college papers, any downloaded music that we hadn't burned to a disk, my resume and cover letters (which I'd thankfully printed out) and all of our photos. The last time I'd backed up our photo files was August of 2006, but luckily a lot of them are stored on Snapfish.
This has been really frustrating and sad. In order to prevent this in the future, we bought an external hard drive off of amazon.com today at the suggestion of my Aunt Linda, and we're going to become avid backer-uppers. Don't let this happen to you... spend the $80 to get a backup hard drive and protect your stuff. End of public service announcement.
1 comment:
This is too strange. Brittany's hard drive just crashed two days ago also, and she ended up losing most of her photos. Weird! Hope everything is going well! Never go to grad school! :)
Post a Comment