Sunday, August 3, 2008

First Day (and first week)

I'm finished with Week One of being Receptionist at the dental clinic of Dr. Lee Jess and Dr. Jordan Anderson. I have to say... I absolutely love it. Like, a whole lot. It reeeeally fits me, I think. I answer phones, check people in, go through charts, call insurance companies, make copies, file, take messages and schedule patients. Pretty much everything I was doing when I was 7 years old, playing Office. I think it'll be great, and I especially like the hours. It sounds like I'll start at 9am, and I won't be working Fridays. This is awesome.

I don't get to see Jordan too much, but when I see "Dr. Anderson," I'm usually very impressed and struck by how professional and dentist-y he is. You should all see him in action - it's very cool.

So far so good - I think this will be a very good stepping stone as we inch toward more ownership of the practice. This position will give me a great perspective on how to run a clinic, and I already of tons of ideas for the future. So far, I think the girls I work with (Kelly and Rita) like me... let's hope we can keep it that way. Things feel a bit hairy right now, but I think as I catch on more and more, work will become less stressful. At least I hope so.

Here I am, on my first day of work (Monday, July 28th):
(I figured it was only fair... hee hee)

4 comments:

Brynn said...

Sounds like the absolute perfect job for you, Natalie. Once again...I'm jealous!! :)

Roseys said...

Natalie,

You look awesome on your first day of work. You are definitely an asset to the clinic and it's great that you like it so much. We're taking our biweekly trip to Costco today. Such fun! Love you guys, Janis and Jim

Anonymous said...

Of course they like you, what is there to not like? You sound perfect for that position! You are so darn organized.

Glad to hear you like it. It sounds better than wearing a hard hat, harness, and ear plugs!!!

salwa said...

Also, great first-day-of-work outfit! Very professional and you look awesome in it :)