Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Girls Weekend in Rochester

This weekend, I was lucky enough to visit Brynn and Eleanor. We had SO much fun - we watched "Wives and Daughters" - an excellent "bonnet movie," we went to the library to see a magician/puppet master, we visited the art museum, we played with dolls, read books and had fun.

Eleanor has grown so much since I've last seen her! She's using pronouns, reciting memorized poems and singing songs. She is SUCH a joy!

Thanks to Brynn and Eleanor for letting me have some girly time with them. :)



As you can see, Eleanor wasn't very interested in the magician.

But she did have fun at the art museum! This was one of the many shots, and as we were leaving, the lady at the front desk saw my huge camera. She was not pleased.

Because Eleanor was so good, she got a "special treat," which was being able to watch an Arthur DVD in the car while we tooled around town. For some reason, that never really clicked with her. She kept asking where her special treat was, regardless of how many times Brynn explained that Arthur was the treat.

There. Now I've got my special treat. :)

We played babies. Here Eleanor is putting Lulu down for a nap...

... Shhh! Lulu is sleeping.

My wonderful sister-in-law and niece.




Can't wait to see you two again!

4 comments:

Cindy Randall said...

Can't help but smile while looking at these sweet photos! Great memories. Think it is cool that Eleanor calls Natalie-- "Auntie Natalie" because we named our daughter, Natalie, after my Aunt Natalie!

Brynn said...

I love, love, love all these pictures. They will quickly be stolen for my blog! :)

Thanks again for coming - we hope we can have a girls weekend again soon!

BAGVLI said...

Great pictures, Natalie!

What kind/model camera do you have? I'm starting to do some research, as it is a dream of mine! :)

Hope to see you soon!

Natalie said...

Thanks Amy!

It's a Canon EOS 40D... I think really any Canon or Nikon dSLR is going to be great, but we chose that one b/c the lens that came in the kit was especially good (so we wouldn't start with a lens that wasn't as versatile and end up buying that lens anyway).

It's fun! :)