Saturday, February 14, 2009

Facebook Fad: 25 Random Things

A recent trend sweeping the Facebook landscape is to post 25 random things about yourself as a way of "sharing" some things about yourself with your 400 closest friends.

Since I am much closer to many of you than on facebook (and since some of you are, perhaps wisely, not a part of Facebook), I thought I'd post them here. These are all extremely important things to know about me, of course. (Originally published Feb 10, 2009)

1. I'm typing this at 4am because I woke up worrying about the spinach and cabbage I left sitting out on my counter last night. (I was *so sure* I was going to make soup last night...)

2. For the first approximately 3 hours I'm asleep for the night, you can bang pots and pans and I won't wake up. I once even had a conversation with my mom on the phone, and the only reason I knew that in the morning was because the phone was in bed with me.

3. I'm pretty good at falling asleep during movies. However, unlike my husband, I have never fallen asleep reading a book.

4. I've been letting a 5-legged spider live in my bathroom (4 legs on one side, 1 on the other). I usually see him every morning. I would normally kill spiders, but I think this one has already been through a lot. (Either that, or it's a super smart spider that's playing the sympathy card.) I'm also confused as to what he must be eating in my bathroom. Probably his missing 3 legs?

5. I'm currently unemployed, but I had the job of a lifetime coming out of college. I was a chemist for a pharmaceutical company, where I worked in R&D. I had interesting, challenging work for a great company, where I made lifelong friends. So, if they wanted to move here to help me start the Grand Rapids CIMA branch, they should start stealing bottles of methonal now.

6. I knew from 11th grade I would major in chemistry, but I added on Health Care Administration because "I didn't want to spend my life in a lab." Oh how little did I know how awesome labs were.

7. I get self conscious about the speed of my windshield wipers.

8. I'm taking piano lessons for the first time in my life. I looooove them (and my teacher, for finding a beginning piano series for adults)

9. I like the internet. Basic surfing order: gmail, facebook, drudge report, startribune, oh no they didn't, people's blogs.

10. Favorite food: spaghetti with meatballs. Favorite special food I could never make on my own: butternut squash ravioli. Favorite dessert (or breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst at the hospital): Hot fudge malts.

11. DVR was the greatest invention of whatever year it was invented. I record: House, Fringe, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, the Office, 30 Rock, Battlestar Galactica, the Soup, Friends and Jeopardy. I will be adding Dollhouse on Friday. Oh my god. That's like 6 hours, not counting the commercials I skip or hour-long Office "events."

12. I neglected to put Private Practice in #11. It's really not that great of a show, and apparently I'm self conscious about it.

13. As you can see, I've thought a lot about the internet, food and TV. My husband balances me out by being interested in things that are sneaky ways of exercising. He's really good like that.

14. Due to Jordan's influence, I've discovered that I have pretty good coordination and am not completely lacking in athletic ability. (And had a lot of confidence in tennis until I realized he was letting me win.)

15. Pet peeve: garbages that don't have bags in them.

16. I love traveling, and I've had some pretty awesome adventures with some great friends.

17. I have recently acquired my first dSLR, in preparation for procreating, and I have a lot to learn about photography.

18. Jordan got food poisoning in January of 2005, which apparently was a traumatic experience for me. To this day my heart races for a couple beats if he gets up in the middle of the night.

19. I have this thing about numbers and dates that would take a long time to explain. But if I did explain it to you, you would think it's pretty random.

20. I love filling out and/or making forms. Even better if I have the right pen for it.

21. I read somewhere that you're either a green person or a blue person. I'm a green person.

22. Jane Austen is brilliant.

23. I'm so, so lucky to have my friends and family. I miss you Twin Cities people. :(

24. I like talk radio.

25. I still have 2 baby teeth.

I'm going back to sleep now...

2 comments:

Brynn said...

That was so fun to read! I love the one about your 5 legged spider friend - so very "Uncle Jim" of you to let him live! :)

I am one of those people w/o a Facebook account. I had one for 24hours and then dismantled it. I guess I'm more private than I thought?

Roseys said...

Natalie,
I laughed out loud when I read about the spider. Jim also had a spider in college. It kept appearing in the glass in the bathroom. Every morning someone would tip the glass over and let him out. He always returned the next morning. Goofy!!!