Weight: 18 lbs 10 oz (75th percentile)
Height: 28 in (90-95th percentile)
Head: Can't remember but I have it written down somewhere. It's over there, and I'm over here, and my doctor keeps saying that it's too hard to get consistent measurements for head anyway, so I'm going to be lazy and tell you only that I think it was in the 35th percentile or something.
He's right on track for what he has been doing since he was born - he's always been in the 75th percentiles for height and weight (so he has jumped a bit in height, but I don't know how accurate they can be when they stretch his wriggling body out). He's a very sturdy little boy, and he's been super strong.
A few developments (photos and/or video to come soon) include "commando" crawling, which how he's been motoring around. He mainly uses his arms to pull his body forward, much like soldiers do in the army (hence the term "commando"). He still won't sit, and any time we try to practice it, he's off and in crawling in search of something more interesting and entertaining.
He has finally started solid foods, but that's a whole other post.
He's a very sweet little boy, who is quick to smile for anyone. He doesn't like being away from his mama for too long, but he hasn't gotten to the "stranger danger" phase yet. He seems to recognize people he sees on a regular basis, and lately he's been experimenting with THE VOLUME OF HIS VOICE.
We are completely head over heels for our little man. We were lucky enough to have Salwa take his six month photos over the past weekend, and so we can't wait to post those. Salwa is awesome. We saw some previews, and I can't wait to see more!
In the meantime, I took these photos of Seth on his 6 month birthday, shortly before he went to sleep for the night (hence the lack of super-smiley shots). He was pretty mellow, but so sweet, and I can't for the life of me edit, so here's all of them. :)










6 comments:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - you guys have produced the Cutest Baby EVER! Love the pics you took, N. Can't wait to continue hearing about and seeing his progress as he figures out how to do more and more!
Love his "brown" eyes--they vary in shade in these shots--so interesting! Yes, truly a doll. Thanks for the update on pictures! Love, Gramma & Grampa A.
Happy 6 months! What a sweetie you have!
What a big boy!! Miss him a lot. Can't wait to see Salwa's pictures!
My favorite pic is the 5th, I added that to screen saver shuffle. Big eyes, and somehow they reminded me of the famous photo in National Geographic of the Afghan woman, the way they jump out at you. Thanks again, LA
Boy has he grown since I saw him last. I'll bet he's a little lover too, right? We are looking forward to videos. We have a new computer so now we'll actually be able to see them, ha! Love you guys, Janis
Post a Comment