Thursday, January 21, 2010

36 Weeks!

I'm officially 36 weeks, so here's my obligatory monthly photo. Please forgive the hair - I'm pregnant (an excuse I'm going to sorely miss).

We had an OB appointment yesterday, where we got the good news that I'm 3 cm dilated (I hope I never lose the mental picture I took of Jordan's face when he heard that). Although that doesn't necessarily mean that baby's arrival is imminent (though my OB did say she doesn't think I'll make it to my due date), it is at least a sign that things are moving in the right direction. As my doula, Anne, said, "That's 3 cm of work you don't have to do anymore!" All in all, it was a good appointment, and it rekindled my nesting, so that's a good sign. We're getting more and more excited for Baby Boy to come, but it would be very good if he would cook just a little longer (especially since my parents are in Florida until next Tuesday). He "dropped" yesterday, so eating and breathing is a lot more fun. Additionally, he's head down, just like I told him to be. So far, he's been a good kid for us. :)

Also, you should all take a moment to be thankful that you're not my husband. I seem to have lost my ability to effectively control my emotions. Perhaps it's another sign that things are progressing!


8 comments:

emily griffith said...

awwww...you are so cute!

salwa said...

Hurray!!! Go Baby Boy!
Again - you look beautiful.
And I'm sure Jordan can handle it - in fact, isn't he lucky it only started now? :).

breckster said...

guess what... you can use, "I just had baby" for at least three months. and, "I'm still nursing" or "He doesn't sleep well." for a few more.

BAGVLI said...

Beautiful. I, however - will not be pisting pics of myself right now. I'm twice as big as you, but oh well - it's baby #4, what can I say?

Take some pics of the nursery and post them! and take care!

BAGVLI said...

Oops - I meant "posting" - not pisting. :)

Anonymous said...

Very exciting--glad he dropped so you have some relief! We are thinking of you daily . . . love, Karma & Laurence

Cindy Randall said...

Dear Baby Boy:

This is your Grandma Randall and I'm pleading with you to wait until at least next Wednesday . . . you know what I mean :) Already loving you!

Brynn said...

Any "v-shooters" yet??? :)