Sunday, September 14, 2008

Labor Day Weekend with Mike, Eric and Jen!

We were very, very lucky to have our friends Mike, Jen and Eric up for Labor Day weekend. We had entirely too much fun and too entirely too many pictures (and I probably uploaded too many of them, but I just couldn't choose).

They arrived Saturday evening, and we took them to our favorite chicken-wild-rice-soup spot, the Forest Lake Restaurant (complete with bear skins on the walls... very... rustic). We spent Sunday on the boat (thanks, Mom and Dad!), Sunday evening playing games with my brother Dan (followed by a special requested viewing of Buffy the Vampire Slayer... oh how fun!!) and Monday we biked to the ski jump.


Saturday evening, soon after the arrival

The talented Pages climbing our walls!

Trying to keep my splash exposure to a minimum

Relaxing in the 85 degree weather... probably for the last time this year

Manly men


I emerged victorious during our new game of diving to find the sunken object. No worries - we didn't leave any of our objects behind. :)

Eric!


Biking away from the ski jump

One of my favorite signs ever. So glad someone got a picture of this.

The Pages at the top!

Jen sliding down the last part of the jump (don't try this at home, kids)

On the way home, the three of them climbed down to the Prairie River. I declined. :)

I liked this shot of Jen walking away

Jordan and Eric about to duel

Sad to see them go, but we had SO much fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to have such wonderful friends--not too many pics, Natalie. They were all great! Karma

Anonymous said...

Wait... where on earth was the "Flying Children Sign?" Did I seriously miss seeing flying children? And Karma, your son is one mean dueler. Jen and I both still had marks one week later.

salwa said...

Wow, I'm impressed with the wall climbing! Jen and Eric, you must teach me your ways.

(Also, I agree - nice shot of Jen walking away! Wait - that came out wrong)

Anonymous said...

Eric, it must stem back to when Tyler and Jordan got in trouble in high school when they brought cap guns on a band trip. They got off but due to the weapons policy, just barely! I'm sure most Grand Rapids residents are for gun control . . . .! Karma & Laurence (last comment provided by L.)